As we all know, in order to keep our machines running in top condition, they need to be maintained. But do you actually follow those guidelines when it comes to your computer equipment? Believe it or not, you should be cleaning your computer at least every three to six months to prevent dust build-up. Dust build-up is one of the key factors that cause a computer to overheat, so make sure to keep up on your computer cleanings. Not sure where to begin? Here are some guidelines to giving your computer some necessary TLC:
- Here are the tools you will need: a soft brush, a can of compressed air, electronic safe wipes, a vacuum and a screwdriver if you need to remove the computer tower’s panel.
- Make sure to shut down your computer, unplug any cords and let it cool down before you start cleaning.
- Start by wiping down the outside of your computer tower with the electronic safe wipe, then carefully vacuuming out the tower’s vents.
- Next, remove the panel from the computer tower and start by cautiously vacuuming the inside, be very careful not to touch any of the computer’s components.
- Once vacuumed, take a soft brush and brush away the remaining dust. For extra dusty areas, use compressed air to help loosen the debris.
- Finally, replace the computer panel and plug back in your cables.
That wasn’t so bad, was it? By taking the time to maintain your computer tower, you are ensuring that your equipment will be running at peak performance, so there are many benefits that come from cleaning your computer regularly.
Call Up & Running Computer Solutions in Corona, CA for help with your computer issues at 951-737-8558. Learn more at our website at www.urcs.net.
Up & Running Computer Solutions proudly serve Corona and all surrounding areas.