There are several ways that your computer can become infected with a virus. It can happen while you’re browsing the internet, downloading an email attachment, accessing a different computer through a network, or when you’re plugging in a flash drive that was previously plugged into an infected device.
And while it’s easy for a computer to become infected with a virus, it’s not as easy to identify the virus symptoms. Especially when you take into consideration that the best or worst viruses (depending on how you look at it), will infect your computer without being detected.
For your convenience we have put together a list of the most common most common virus symptoms:
- Your computer is suddenly running slower than usual.
- Your computers frequently freezing or stops responding.
- Your computer is restarting and crashing constantly.
- Your computer isn’t running normally and starts on its own.
- Your applications aren’t working correctly, especially your web browser.
- You aren’t able to access your hard drive or additional disk drives.
- You are seeing unusual error messages.
- Your antivirus software is turned off and not by you.
- You are seeing pop-ups and dialog boxes everywhere.
- Your hard drive and modem are working extra.
- Your computer starts preforming actions on its own.
- You aren’t able to print correctly.
If you believe that your computer has been infected with a virus, or if you’ve noticed one or more of the above symptoms on your computer, disconnect it from the internet or your local network right away. You can do so by unplugging your network cable or turning off the wireless connection. By preforming the actions above, you can stop your computer from spreading the virus to your family, friends and co-workers.
If you need a virus removed from your computer or would like to have an antivirus downloaded and installed into your computer, contact Up & Running Computer Solutions in Corona, CA at 951-737-8558 today. Or visit www.urcs.net for information regarding our technical services.
Up & Running Computer Solutions proudly serves Corona, Riverside, Anaheim, Irvine, Newport Beach, Tustin and all surrounding areas.