Is your computer running slow? Can you go to lunch and be back before its done booting up? This could be caused by several different reasons. Things such as not enough hard drive space to missing windows updates. It could be as simple as your computer needing to be rebooted. Let’s take a look as some of the potential problems and possible solutions.
- Not enough space on the hard drive: You should have at least 200-500MB of hard drive space left. If you have below that amount you will need to delete temporary files and used files or programs to free up some hard drive space.
- Corrupted Hard Drive: Run a ScanDisk to ensure there is nothing physically wrong with the hard drive.
- Scan for viruses: Use a virus scanner such as Malwarebytes to scan your computer for spyware or malware.
- Background programs: Disable all programs that automatically start when you boot your computer.
- Windows Updates: Make sure you have installed all the latest Windows updates and all browser plugins.
- Overheating: Dust and dirt restricts air flow through the computer. Without proper air flow your computer can overheat. Make sure there are no obstructions around your computer and that all fans are working properly.
- Not Enough Memory: If you have an older computer the memory might not meet the standard requirements needed today. Adding more memory will fix this problem.
If you have addressed all the above possibilities and your computer is still running slow, your computer may be out of date and you may simply need a new computer.
If you’re not sure how to complete these tasks we can help! Call Up & Running Computer Solutions Inc. in Corona, CA for your entire computer needs at 951-737-8558. We service all large and small business, PC’s, server installs and much more! Visit our website www.urcs.net.