Just like anything else, your computer tower needs a good cleaning every once in a while. You should be cleaning your computer at least every three to six months to prevent dust build up and to keep it from overheating. Ridding your computer of dust and debris build up helps increase you computers performance and keeps it preforming well. The following includes what steps to take to clean your computer tower:
- Gather up a soft brush, can of compressed air, electronic safe wipes, a vacuum and a screw driver if you need to remove the computer towers panel.
- Make sure to shut down your computer, unplug any cords and let it cool down before you start cleaning.
- First start by wiping down the outside of your computer tower with the electronic safe wipe, then proceed by carefully vacuuming out the towers vents.
- Next, remove the panel from the computer tower and start by cautiously vacuuming the inside, be very careful not to touch any of the computers components.
- Now that you’ve vacuumed the loose dust and debris, take you soft brush and brush away the remaining dust. For the extra dusty areas you can use your compressed can of air to help loosen the debris.
- Finally, replace the computer panel and plug back in your cables. Now it’s all cleaned up and ready to be used!
There are many benefits that come from cleaning your computer regularly. Dust build up is one of the key factors that cause a computer to overheat, so make sure to keep up on your computer cleanings.
If you think your computer may be damaged from excessive dust and debris build up, contact Up & Running Computer Solutions in Corona, CA at 951-737-8558 to get your computer back up and running in great condition. For more information visit our website at www.urcs.net.
Proudly serving Corona, Riverside, Anaheim, Irvine, Newport Beach, Tustin and all surrounding areas.