In a world where it seems everything is getting hacked, it is easy to panic when something goes wrong with your computer equipment. The slightest glitch or stall and we are thinking the worst. And when we think of the worst thing that can happen to this equipment, we will generally think about computer viruses. Yes, the evil computer virus is the original enemy of the typical computer user, and in this day and age, it is impossible to not use some type of computer in our daily lives.
Then you hear about malware and a whole new set of questions and concerns come to mind. Let’s break it down – a virus is just one kind of malware, but the actual term is largely used by the public and the only way to protect yourself is to have some type of an anti-virus. The following are various types of malware designed to infect your computer or mobile device:
Adware. Adware is the least dangerous and most profitable malware. It displays ads on your computer.
Spyware. This software spies on you by tracking your internet activity in order to send adware back to your machine.
Worms. A worm replicates itself and destroys data and files on your computer until the drive is completely empty.
Trojan horse. One of the most dangerous malwares, Trojans are designed to discover your financial information and take over your computer’s system resources.
Ransomware. If you see a screen that warns you that you have been locked out of your computer until you pay for your “cybercrimes”, you have ransomware.
Call Up & Running Computer Solutions in Corona, CA for help with malware protection at 951-737-8558. Learn more at our website at www.urcs.net.
Up & Running Computer Solutions proudly serve Corona and all surrounding areas.
With all of the crazy weather, it is important to think about running your business without thinking about emergency precautionary measures. What will happen if you have a power surge? Do you have the proper backup equipment to keep your company moving if something interrupts the power?
Power outages can be devastating to your computer. Not only can you lose files and any vital information, but your computer itself could bear the brunt of some pretty devastating damages. If this happens to your computer, the first move is to seek immediate computer repair. They will be the best at trying to salvage anything that may become lost. But there is something you can do that can keep your computer stable through a power surge – a UPS, or uninterruptible power supply.
A UPS is a battery-containing device that supplies backup power to your computer in case of a power outage, as well as brown outs and electricity spikes. The battery will keep your computer running temporarily during a power surge, giving you the time to save your work and shut down your computer properly without losing data. Not only will this save important documents, but money from costly computer repair.
The UPS will come with power management software that can be configured to sense an outage and safely shut your computer down in the event you are not in front of your computer at the time. You can also set your computer to come back on when power is restored.
It is important to think about emergency plans when you start a business. Not only for your assets, but for your office equipment.
Call Up & Running Computer Solutions in Corona, CA for help with your backup equipment at 951-737-8558. Learn more at our website at www.urcs.net.
When you start your own business, there are just so many things that you need to consider. Products, services, startup supplies – it can be enough to drive a business owner mad. But now that the world is run electronically, you now have to throw IT service in the mix. For most business owners, this is one of the more overwhelming tasks to do when opening their proverbial doors. Now would be a great time to research IT companies that can manage all of these services for you.
Budget-friendly. It may seem unnecessary but there are many benefits to using managed IT services. A managed services contract allows you to quit worrying about your network, while also allowing you to have this area locked into your budget with no costly surprises. You decide what your budget is and what services you need.
One less employee. Keeping a staffed IT employee on payroll can become very expensive. By outsourcing to a managed IT services company, you only pay for what you need.
Experience counts. You already know IT services is entirely too complicated for you. When it comes to your computers and network you want a trained, experienced and certified IT to repair any technical issues and grow along with your business’ success. Having managed IT services monitor your network, servers and computers will be like having a security guard watching your business 24/7/365. Instead of waiting for something to break, routine maintenance is done to keep your system up and running.
Your business is already a labor of love. Let a managed IT services company take care of the technical stuff.
Call Up & Running Computer Solutions in Corona, CA for help with managed IT services at 951-737-8558. Learn more at our website at www.urcs.net.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that managed IT services can work great for both big and small companies. Managed IT services offer a wide variety of services, from alarm services to data security to data backup and recovery. Not to mention these services can be performed on almost any device that’s used for business, such as desktop PCs, laptops, servers and mobile devices. The following list includes the benefits of having managed IT services:
- 24/7 Monitoring and Maintenance. Many businesses don’t have a way to monitor their network day in and day out. Fortunately, a managed IT provider can monitor your systems 24/7. This type of monitoring is very valuable to companies because the earlier a problem is spotted, the earlier it can be taken care of. With 24/7 monitoring and maintenance, most any problem can be taken care of before it causes any severe downtime.
- Access to Professionals- If something unexpected occurs, you can always pick up the phone and dial your managed IT provider for expert advice and/or help concerning the issue.
- Improved Security- Having a secure system in place can be crucial to your company. With Managed IT Services, they generally offer contacts where they monitor your Firewall, Anti-virus, and can also apply all of the latest updates and patches to ensure you and your network is secure and that is runs smoothly.
- Budget Control- Managed IT Service contracts allow companies to stop worrying about their network and allows them to budget your IT expenses with no monthly surprises.
- Peace of Mind- Having a full service contract allows for one to focus on their business at hand, while the technical side is taken care of by IT experts.
Take the first step on the road to having a more productive, cost-efficient business by contacting Up & Running Computer Solutions in Corona, CA at 951-737-8558 today and ask for a FREE consultation of our Managed IT Services. Or visit www.urcs.net for additional information regarding IT Managed Services.
Proudly serving Corona, Riverside, Anaheim, Irvine, Newport Beach, Tustin and all surrounding areas.
Managed IT services work great for both big and small companies. There are many benefits when partnering with a Managed Service Provider, ranging from improved technical reliability to just plain ol’ peace of mind. The following list includes the advantages of having managed IT services:
- 24/7 Monitoring & Maintenance- Most businesses don’t have way to monitor their network 24/7/365, but fortunately a Managed IT Provider can. This can be very valuable to your company because the earlier an issue is spotted, the earlier it can be taken care of. With 24/7 monitoring a problem can be taken care of before it can cause severe downtime.
- Access to Experts- If something unexpected arises you can always pick up the phone and give your Managed IT provider to get expert advice or help.
- Improved Security- Having a secure system in place can be crucial, with Managed IT Services they generally offer contacts where they monitor your Firewall, Anti-virus, and apply all of the latest updates and patches to ensure your network is secure and runs smoothly.
- Budget Control- A Managed IT Service contract allows you to stop worrying about your network and allows you to budget your IT expenses with no monthly surprises.
- Ease your Mind- Having a full service contract allows for you to focus on your business at hand while the technical side is covered.
Take the first step on the road to having a more productive, cost efficient business, call Up & Running Computer Solutions, Inc. and ask for a FREE consultation of our Managed IT Services. Call 951-737-8558 or visit our website at www.urcs.net.
Proudly serving Corona, Riverside, Anaheim, Irvine, Newport Beach, Tustin and all surrounding areas.
Your hard drive is where all of the information on your computer is stored. Over time hard drives will start fail. A hard drive failure could happen at any time without warning, so making sure your hard drive is backed up is very important.
There are times when you hard drive can give you a warning.
- If Windows is always telling you that it needs to check the consistency of your hard drive, it could be trying to tell you your hard drive is about ready to fail.
- Computer making strange sounds.
- Files suddenly have errors.
- Computer is slow or freezes.
If you think your hard drive might be going bad, call Up & Running Computer Solutions, Inc. in Corona, CA and we can run a diagnostic test and let you know if you need a new hard drive. Call today at 951-737-8558.
Have you noticed your computer running a little slow lately? Does it take a while to boot up or open documents or applications? A slow computer could be caused by several different problems. Let’s take a look at some of the most common reasons.
- Limited space on hard drive: You should have at least 200-500MB of hard drive space left. If you have below that amount you will need to delete temporary files and used files or programs to free up some hard drive space.
- Corrupted Hard Drive: Run a ScanDisk to ensure there is nothing physically wrong with the hard drive.
- Viruses: Use a virus scanner to scan your computer for spyware or malware.
- Programs that open in the background: Disable all programs that automatically start when you boot your computer.
- Windows Updates: Make sure you have installed all the latest Windows updates and all browser plugins.
- Overheating: Dust and dirt restricts air flow through the computer. Without proper air flow your computer can overheat. Make sure there are no obstructions around your computer and that all fans are working properly.
- Limited Memory: If you have an older computer the memory might not meet the standard requirements needed today. Adding more memory will fix this problem.
Working on your computer can be difficult. Especially if you are not familiar with how computers work. That’s why we are here to help! The IT Services of Up & Running Computer Solutions, Inc. can repair your computer or server. Call today at 951-737-8558 or www.urcs.net.
Proudly serving Corona, Riverside, Anaheim, Irvine, Newport Beach, Tustin, and all surrounding areas.
Your desktop computer draws in cool air and blows out hot air. When it’s drawing in the cool air it’s along bringing with it dust, pet hair, and other dirt particles. This can be damaging to your computer requiring computer repair. The debris build up, inhibits your computer’s ability to keep cool. If your computer is running hot it will not perform to its potential and run very slowly. You should clean your computer every 3-6 months.
- Gather a soft brush, can of compressed air, cleaning cloths and a vacuum with a nozzle attachment.
- Turn your computer off, unplug cables and let it cool down.
- Start by cleaning the outside of the computer with a cloth, then vacuum vents and ports.
- Take off the side of your computer and vacuum all dirt and dust out of the inside. Be careful not to touch any components.
- Take your brush and start brushing any remaining dust. The can of compressed air can help with the extra dirty areas.
- Replace the side to the computer, plug back in your cables and it’s clean and ready to be used!
If your computer was damaged due to excessive dirt call the IT Services of Up & Running Computer Solutions, Inc. at 951-737-8558. We service and repair computers and servers for businesses large and small. Visit our website at www.urcs.net.
Proudly serving Corona, Tustin, Irvine, Anaheim, Riverside, Yorba Linda and all surrounding areas.
Do you know if your computer has a virus? If your anti-virus software is out of date or a virus managed to slip by, you very well could have one and not even know it. There are signs to look for that could give you a warning signal that your computer does in fact have a virus and is in need of computer repair.
Here are some signs you have a virus and need computer repair:
- Compute has become erratic – Viruses and malware infects important files that help your computer run correctly. If these files become infected your computer could crash. If a crash occurs you will get a message that there is corrupted data.
- Computer is slow – Viruses deplete your computers processor.
- Inability to use drives or files – When trying to open certain drives you get an error message, files won’t open, and applications won’t run.
- Constantly changing file sizes – your file sizes will change up and down even if you haven’t accessed them.
If you think you are a victim of a computer virus or malware call Up & Running Computer Solutions so we can remove the virus before important data on your computer is lost. We specialize in computer repair and can remove your virus and get your computer set up with the latest anti-virus software. Call 951-737-8558. Visit our website at www.urcs.net.
Serving Corona, Riverside, Irvine, Anaheim, Newport Beach, Tustin and more!
When running a successful business, your computer system is a vital part of that business. Computers are essential in business. And when your computers are down, your business shuts down and you’re not making money. This is why managed IT services are becoming so popular.
Some of the benefits are:
Reduced costs – Managed IT services will take care of your computers with no need for an in house IT department which can be very costly. By hiring an IT company you will only pay for the IT support you need when you need it.
Productivity – Trying to solve complex IT problems yourself takes away from the important business you should be attending to. A professional IT company can solve the problem in a more efficient time period.
Flexibility – You get to customize your managed IT services plan to best suit your business’ needs.
Our Managed IT Services program is designed to give you the ultimate in service and reliability while keeping your costs under control. By monitoring your systems 24/7/365, installing necessary updates, performing routine maintenance, and proactively resolving potential problems from our offices, we can keep your network running at its’ peak for less than the old “break/fix” model of IT services. A managed services contract allows you to quit worrying about your network and also allows you to budget your IT expenses with no costly surprises. This allows us to concentrate on finding ways to leverage your technology investment to make your business run more smoothly and profitably.
Give URCS a call today at 951-737-8558 to see how we can help you and your business with your IT needs. Visit our website at www.urcs.net
Serving Corona, Irvine, Riverside, Anaheim, Newport Beach, Tustin and more!