Has your computer been running a bit slower? Have you been getting annoying pop –ups more frequently? If you’ve answered yes, your computer may have been infected with virus. I’m sure you’re now wondering where or how your computer would have gotten this virus. There are actually many ways a computer can get infected with a virus.
- Agreeing to Prompts– One of the most common ways a computer can get infected with a virus is agreeing to a prompt without understanding or reading the “fine print”. For instance, you get a pop-up while browsing the internet that says your antivirus is out of date and without fully understanding what you’re downloading you accept the prompt.
- Opening Email Attachments- Another way computers can become infected with a virus is by opening an unknown email attachment that contains a malicious code. Always be cautious when opening any emails, even if they are from friends, family or even co-workers.
- No Antivirus- If your computer runs Microsoft Windows it’s highly recommended that you protect your computer by having spyware or antivirus.
- Not Running Latest Updates- Many updates are meant for security purposes, especially ones associated with Microsoft Windows. It’s very important or you to keep your operating system and programs up to date.
- Pirating Music, Software or Movies- If you are one of the individuals who participating in the illegal exchange of copyrighted movies, music or software, you may at risk. Sometimes theses sort of files contain spyware, malicious software or viruses.
There are many ways for your computer to get infected with a virus, and it can happen to anyone. If your computer is infected with a virus and need it removed, contact Up & Running Computer Solutions in Corona, CA at 951-737-8558 or visit our website at www.urcs.net for more information about out services.
Proudly serving Corona, Riverside, Anaheim, Irvine, Newport Beach, Tustin and all surrounding areas.